iDevAffiliate
iDevAffiliate

Nigeria: Man Arrested For Converting A Muslim Girl To Christianity

Nigeria: arrested for converting a Muslim girl to Christianity

The man was arrested by the State Department of Nigeria

A man identified as Simput Eagles Dafup, was arrested for allegedly converting a Muslim girl named Nabila Umar Sanda Galadima to Christianity on a flight from the United Kingdom. The man was arrested by the State Department of Nigeria, DSS after raiding his home in Jos, Plateau State. 

Nabila, 18, daughter of a traditional titleholder in Biu, Borno State, converted to Christianity at the University of Birmingham and met Dafup, a lecturer, in Ghana four years ago on a flight . 

It was reported that Nabila had recently reconnected with Dafup, who was visiting Jos for the Christmas holidays, and expressed his intentions to convert fully to Christianity.

ADVERTISEMENT

His mother, Ms. Dafup, said that the men who stormed her heavily armed son's premises in 5 Hilux van brutalized and tortured her son before they prevailed, adding that even passers-by were assaulted in the process. 

According to her, "no one contacted me or a member of my family to find out where my son was. However, I know that some of the people who were found on the premises with my son and who were assaulted and brutalized with my son, were taken to the DSS Plateau State Command. " 

She added, "At the DSS office in Jos, they never met or saw my son there. The men suspected of beating my son put a mask on his face. The other people who were taken to the DSS office in a mask are here with me to confirm my statement. "

Comments